Thanksgiving is probably my favorite time of year. It's an opportunity to slow down for a moment, reflect on how good things really are, and look forward to the times ahead.
Since I seem to think in bulleted lists these days, here are some of the things I'm grateful for:
- A loving, caring, kind and thoughtful wife. I expect to be thankful for this one for a very long time to come.
- Supportive family. With so many having made special trips this year to join us in Port Townsend, I'm reminded how important this is. Particularly also for my parents who also hosted a lovely reception for us in England. And of course the new set of people who I now also get to call family and their welcoming.
- Friends. Life is much more fun with company and I'm reminded of the hospitality extended over the years to a young foreigner in a new city, especially over the holidays.
- Employment. It may not always be easy but I enjoy what I do and know that it's not been an easy year employment-wise for many.
- Nespresso. Coffee continues to be a vital enabler.
- Whole Foods. Holding the title of Mayor on Foursquare for the local store may be taking it a bit far but they just have so many tasty things.
- Turkey, football and one of those entirely overwhelming, immensely satisfying nap after a delicious meal.
- Feel good, family movies on TV.