From an e-mail I sent Ed yesterday..
As I�?Tve almost been here for a year, I decided it was about time I wrote down a little list I�?Tve been making in my head. America has a lot of good points, but I think these thoughts, which really comprise a set of recommendations, would make this country so much better.
Things I would like
- Heinz baked beans, one of those ridiculously large cans
- A tube of Smarties, preferably two or three
- Mr Kiplings cakes, especially those ones with hard bits on the outside and cream inside
- PG Tips, or Tetley at a pinch
- A Pret a Manger sandwich, those All-Day Club ones that smelt like Big Mac special sauce
- Radio 1
- A Dairy Milk bar, chocolate here tastes like chalk
- A salad from Marks and Spencer
- A Wrights pie, I took the factory tour and survived
- A pint of Boddingtons
- Sainsburys economy swiss roles, nutritious at only 15p
- Home made Shepards Pie
- Knowing that there was football on TV that I could watch, if it interested me
- Commercial-free television
- A pint in the Mainwaring, by the fire �?" it�?Ts getting colder here
Things I dislike
- The fact that any response other than �?~Great thanks!�?T to the greeting �?~Heyhowsitgoing�?T makes people shy away, looking at you as if you�?Tre suicidal.
- Dollar bills. Too bulky, useless.
- Sales tax. But how much does it really cost?
- Dating. Too confusing.
Things that are good
- No 2c coin. Britain is seriously behind in this respect.